How many books do you read over the average summer? Could you read 80? Because that’s how many ebooks one lucky winner will walk away with in the Books at the Beach Giveaway, including the latest titles from Nora Roberts, Catherine Bybee, Debbie Macomber, and Gena Showalter, plus dozens more. You could also win one of two runner-up $25 Amazon gift cards.
Books at the Beach Giveaway & Book Fair
(Sponsored by the 54 authors listed below)
Alina K. Field • Allyson Lindt • Amy L Gale • Anna Durand • Astrid Arditi • Barbara Lohe • Beverley Oakley • Bianca D’Arc • C. A. King • C.E. Wilson • Carmen Fox • Casi McLean • Catherine Kean • Chloe Flowers • Christa Paige • Constance Phillips • Cynthia Clement • Danica Favorite • Debbie White • Denise Jaden • Dianne Venetta • Elizabeth Rose • Gayle Parness • Helen Scott • Jacqueline Diamond • Jina Bacarr • Josie Riviera • Judith Keim • Karen • Michelle Nutt • Katherine Lowry Logan • Kris Michaels • Kristina Knight • Kristy Tate • Margaret Locke • Mari Carr • Naomi Bellina • PG Forte • Quinn • Raine English • Regan Walker • Sheila Seabrook • Shelique Lize • Soraya Naomi • Stacy Gold • Stella Marie Alden • Stephanie Julian • Stephanie Queen • Sydney Aaliyah Michelle • Sylvia Hubbard • Tamara Ferguson • Tena Stetler • Traci Douglass • Vicki Crum
Enter the Giveaway Here
And while you’re at it, shop our awesome summer book fair with over 50 fantastic romance titles for you to choose from.
Are you interested in reading an Advanced Review Copy of A TIME TO BE TENDER? Then apply to join my Advanced Reader Review Team!
Application closes at midnight June 19, 2017, so don’t delay.
It started out with reading under the covers with a flashlight and progressed to reading at the beach while wearing shades. And those middle of the night breast-feeding events…what would I have done without a book in my hands to keep me awake?
I went through a stage where I started a book and ended the book the same day. No, I’m not one of those super fast readers. But once a story grabbed me, I couldn’t put it down and I’d read far into the wee hours of the morning till I reached THE END. Only then, with a satisfied sigh, could I turn off the light and drift off to sleep…only to have the alarm clock ring two hours later to wake me for work.
Now that I’m older, I can blame the authors who threaten my health and my livelihood. Even though I no longer stay up all night to finish a book (well, okay, so I still do it occasionally), when a story and its characters have me in their grip, I’m awake all night THINKING about the story and characters…wondering what’s going to happen, how it’s all going to end (even though I know it’s going to be a HEA).
And in the morning when I drag myself out of bed, it’s all I can do to force myself to sit down at my computer and get my own story written. So yes, not only do these precious authors threaten my health, but they threaten my livelihood too.
This summer, Liane Moriaty is the culprit as I work my way through her backlist…
What author threatens your health and livelihood?
P.S. Join the Some Girls Like It Hot Giveaway: Over 100 participating authors! Now that it’s summer, it’s time for a series of cool giveaway events, including TWO grand prize giveaways. Enter for your chance to win Kindle Fire HD 10 tablets, Kindle Fire HD 8 tablets, Kindle Fire 7s, Amazon gift cards & more.
Giveaway #1 — June 1 – 12, 2017
Giveaway #2 — June 9 – 20, 2017
Plus, join us on Facebook June 9-12 for the Some Girls Like It Hot Facebook Hop. This is a mega gift card event. With over 100 authors participating and a gift card at every stop, that’s 100+ chances for you to win!
Facebook Hop — June 9 – 12, 2017
As 2016 comes to a close, I’m looking back over the year at all I did (and even a few things I should have done, but didn’t). This year:
- I wrote and published book three in the Caught Between series: Caught Between a Rock and a Hunka Man.
- I wrote and published Love Under Construction, book 4 in the 12 book Thurston Hotel series. There were 11 authors involved in this project and I had so much fun.
- I completed the first draft of A Time to be Tender, book 3 in the Rocky Mountain series, and am currently in the revision stage (which for me is usually the longest stage in writing a book).
- I took several online courses, including Obsessed with the totally obsessive Melissa Cassera, and B-School with the heart-centered Marie Forleo.
- I sent out 12 monthly newsletters (a first ever for me!).
- I received my RITA scores and while I didn’t final, I was thrilled and encouraged by the 8.5 out of 10 score.
- I redesigned my website…sort of, or maybe that was last year. It’s always a work-in-progress, so it’s on my list of accomplishments every single year.
- I finally added a free offer to my newsletter. Have you signed up yet? If not, do so and you can download a free copy of The Valentine Grinch.
- I redesigned the Caught Between series covers and they’re perfect for these fun, sassy books.
- I redesigned the cover for book 2 of the Rocky Mountain series (I love the Terms of Surrender cover so much better!), then designed the cover for book 3 in the series and held a contest to give the book a name.
- I designed the website for smscreates.com.
- I read…of course. Lots of romance, women’s fiction, and even some thrillers. And then there were the self-improvement books, and all those books on writing, social media, and marketing.
- I journaled, gardened, decluttered, and even got down and dirty with some dust bunnies. I haven’t had to shovel yet (knock on wood).
And I had fun. Now I’m ready to tackle another year.
How about you? What were a few of your accomplishments? Did you have any hard earned lessons or great achievements that you want to share in the comments? Do you plan out your year in advance? Or do you wing it? You know I love to hear from you so please talk to me in the comments!
Before you head to the comments section, I want to wish you a wonderful new year. May 2017 bring you much love and happiness!
As I write this post, my favorite guy has a vacuum in his hands and is sprucing up the house for the holidays. I’ve been busy baking (check out my Facebook page for some delicious holiday squares) and in just three more days, the turkey will be in the oven. Yummmm…
I’m super excited for the upcoming year. In early 2017, not only am I writing, but I’m diving into cover design, ebook and print formatting, and more. For a long time now, I’ve been handling the techie end of my writing career, so I’ve decided to indulge in my love of all things techie. Coming soon…smscreates.com.
In the comments, tell me about your favorite family holiday squares, and do you make them from scratch or buy them from the grocery store?
From my house to yours, I wish you a safe and warm holiday season.