Welcome to the 3rd annual Authors in Bloom blog hop! This blog hop begins on April 7th and runs till April 16th, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
GRAND PRIZE: We’re giving away a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift card for the same. We’re also giving away a 2nd prize of a $25 gift card.
Enjoy and good luck!
This year, I decided to share a gardening tip that I found in one of my favorite gardening magazines, Garden Gate Magazine. Not only are their pictures stunningly beautiful, but they have great tips and tricks, too. You can even subscribe to their Free Tips email.
Their April 2014 edition gave me the perfect idea for using color in our new garden area:
1. Choose several plants with a similar hue that bloom at or around the same time, and scatter them throughout the garden.
2. Then choose several more plants in a second hue that again blooms at or around the same time, and scatter them throughout the garden.
3. Repeat until you’ve run out of gardening space!
The end result is that your flower bed will be a mass of pinks or purples or reds — whatever colors you’ve chosen — at different times of the growing season. And since winter in my part of the world gets very cold, I’m focusing on planting mostly perennials, starting with the Pinks as seen in the photo to the right.
And now for the prizes:
1. On my site, I’m drawing 4 names and giving away each person an e-copy of one of my books in mobi or epub format (winner’s choice). All you have to do is sign up for my newsletter (signup form is at the top of the righthand sidebar) and in the comments below, let me know that you’ve done so. Then tell me what your favorite flower is.
2. To be eligible for the Authors in Bloom blog hop grand prizes listed at the top of this post, make sure you LEAVE A COMMENT below (even if you don’t sign up for my newsletter). Only those visitors who visit EACH and EVERY stop are eligible for the grand prize ereader and gift card. Eligibility will be verified by hop’s end.
3. And finally, make sure to leave your contact email in the comment section, otherwise we’ll be unable to contact you if you win! Winners will be posted on both the first (Dianne Venetta) and last (A Cozy Reader’s Corner) websites of the list below.
And to make it super easy to visit all of the authors participating in the hop, here is a list of the participating authors:
NEW this year, Dianne Venetta will be hosting a Facebook Party for the entire 10 days, including more garden tips, recipes, fun facts, etc. on Facebook.
Enjoy yourself, and good luck!
April 17, 2014 Update: The Authors In Bloom grand prize winner is… …Savannah Miller! Mary Preston won the 2nd prize! Congratulations, ladies!!!
And the winners on my site are … well, like last year, I decided to giveaway an ebook to all of the new subscribers of my newsletter. 🙂 Yes, you read that correctly. I’m currently contacting everyone to find out which book they would like to receive.
Do you like winning gift cards or free books? Then check out the ADDICTIVE READS site and enter the giveaway. There’s books in every genre, from romance to mystery to horror…and everything in between. You have until Friday, April 4, 2014 to enter. Winners will be announced, Saturday, April 5th.
For all of the details, check out the ADDICTIVE READS website.
I love yoga. I love the flexibility, the deep breathing, and the peace it brings me. For the hour I practice the poses, my mind is focused on the singular task of performing the routines, which helps enhance my focus when I’m at the computer working.
A couple of years ago, I discovered Maya Fiennes Maya Fiennes book, Yoga for Real Life, and her Kundalini Yoga to Detox and Destress DVD, and these quickly became part of my exercise program. Maya teaches Kundalini Yoga which “awakens awareness”. It is the oldest form of yoga and uses meditative focus, breath work, and chanting.
Recently I found this DVD available on YouTube, along with a couple of other cool features from this yoga teacher. Turn on your sound and enjoy the background music. It’s written and performed by Maya, who is also a classical pianist and performer. This program runs about sixty minutes.
However, if you want a quick routine to energize you, Maya also offers something different, a free style five minute routine that will totally get you moving and make you smile. If you don’t have time to check out the other links, make sure you check out this one because it’s super cool and fun!
Or if you just want to lie back and relax, here is one of her songs.
Visit Maya’s website where you can learn more about Kundalini yoga.
Have you ever considered doing yoga or meditation? What about the practices appeals or doesn’t appeal to you?
Note: This was originally posted on March 26, 2014 at the Women Unplugged site.
Time sure does fly when you’re not looking.
When my boys were little and I worked outside of the house, I used to believe that the days and weeks and years passed by quickly because I was so very busy.
I didn’t know any better. (For the rest of this post, join me at the Women Unplugged site.
I love to read emotionally charged stories, with characters who are shredded, then put back together. But I also love to laugh, so over time my own writing has become a blend of these two elements…just like in real life.
On the Personal Transformation site, the blog post author discusses the importance of having a happy emotional payoff. If you’re interested, check out the post. It’s short. I’ll wait…
Oh good, you’re back.
On Monday, my sister and I took our mom to the knee doctor, and Mom is now on the list for knee surgery. For two years now, we’ve been trying to get her on that list. The good news is, she’s finally on the list. The bad news is, she’s finally on the list.
Confused? To read the rest of this post, visit the Women Unplugged site.