Welcome to the Fall in Love with Romance Giveaway Contest!
Our prizes are:
1 – Black and White Diamond Heart Necklace from Kay Jewelers
2 – $50 (winners choice) Gift Card
3 – $25 Visa or Mastercard Gift Card
4 – Nicolas Sparks Movie Night (2 DVDs, Popcorn and Candy)
5 – Ghost Movie Night (1 DVD, Popcorn and Candy)
To be eligible to win any of these prizes you must enter by using the Rafflecopter link below. Please note: to be eligible to win, you must leave a comment on the author’s page.
To earn extra bonus entries, comment on the “pinned FB posts” you’ll find with the above giveaway image on each author page. ALL entries will be confirmed, so please show these authors lots and lots of love!!!
Direct Rafflecopter Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/080aaeb419/?
As 2016 comes to a close, I’m looking back over the year at all I did (and even a few things I should have done, but didn’t). This year:
- I wrote and published book three in the Caught Between series: Caught Between a Rock and a Hunka Man.
- I wrote and published Love Under Construction, book 4 in the 12 book Thurston Hotel series. There were 11 authors involved in this project and I had so much fun.
- I completed the first draft of A Time to be Tender, book 3 in the Rocky Mountain series, and am currently in the revision stage (which for me is usually the longest stage in writing a book).
- I took several online courses, including Obsessed with the totally obsessive Melissa Cassera, and B-School with the heart-centered Marie Forleo.
- I sent out 12 monthly newsletters (a first ever for me!).
- I received my RITA scores and while I didn’t final, I was thrilled and encouraged by the 8.5 out of 10 score.
- I redesigned my website…sort of, or maybe that was last year. It’s always a work-in-progress, so it’s on my list of accomplishments every single year.
- I finally added a free offer to my newsletter. Have you signed up yet? If not, do so and you can download a free copy of The Valentine Grinch.
- I redesigned the Caught Between series covers and they’re perfect for these fun, sassy books.
- I redesigned the cover for book 2 of the Rocky Mountain series (I love the Terms of Surrender cover so much better!), then designed the cover for book 3 in the series and held a contest to give the book a name.
- I designed the website for smscreates.com.
- I read…of course. Lots of romance, women’s fiction, and even some thrillers. And then there were the self-improvement books, and all those books on writing, social media, and marketing.
- I journaled, gardened, decluttered, and even got down and dirty with some dust bunnies. I haven’t had to shovel yet (knock on wood).
And I had fun. Now I’m ready to tackle another year.
How about you? What were a few of your accomplishments? Did you have any hard earned lessons or great achievements that you want to share in the comments? Do you plan out your year in advance? Or do you wing it? You know I love to hear from you so please talk to me in the comments!
Before you head to the comments section, I want to wish you a wonderful new year. May 2017 bring you much love and happiness!
As I write this post, my favorite guy has a vacuum in his hands and is sprucing up the house for the holidays. I’ve been busy baking (check out my Facebook page for some delicious holiday squares) and in just three more days, the turkey will be in the oven. Yummmm…
I’m super excited for the upcoming year. In early 2017, not only am I writing, but I’m diving into cover design, ebook and print formatting, and more. For a long time now, I’ve been handling the techie end of my writing career, so I’ve decided to indulge in my love of all things techie. Coming soon…smscreates.com.
In the comments, tell me about your favorite family holiday squares, and do you make them from scratch or buy them from the grocery store?
From my house to yours, I wish you a safe and warm holiday season.
Welcome to book twelve of the Thurston Hotel romance series. I’ve enjoyed reading the books written by the other authors in the series, and getting to know the town of Harmony and its characters a whole lot more, but now it’s time to say goodbye. A Thurston Christmas by Brenda Sinclair is the final book in the series. However, I’ve heard some rumblings about another group series, so no doubt the plotting and planning by our fearless group leader has already begun.
Quickie Q&A with Brenda Sinclair:
Chocolate, kraft caramels, or ice cream? Chocolate.
Coffee, tea, or wine? Wine.
Star Trek, Fifty Shades of Grey, or We’re the Millers? Fifty Shades of Grey.
Sweats, blue jeans, or a skirt? Blue jeans.
Sleeping, massage, or a beach vacation? Massage.
About the book:
After months of preparations, Riley Hamilton is finally marrying Brock Anderson one week before Christmas. With only three weeks to go, the wedding planner, Wendy Thurston, is still going crazy with demands from the bride’s mother, Riley is second guessing the choice for a wedding dress, and everyone’s favorite senior, Mrs. Arbuckle, has taken ill. And, the wedding planner is showing as much interest in the best man as in dealing with last minute details.
Thirteen years Wendy’s senior, Reg Anderson had no trouble convincing himself that the teenager he met years ago was too young for him. Now, seeing the gorgeous forty-year-old woman she has become, the old argument is losing steam. Especially when he’s spending time with the over-stressed wedding planner at the gym or at dinner. But, has he waited too long to reveal his feelings for her?
As the citizens of Harmony prepare for the marriage of the mayor’s daughter during the busiest time of year, new problems keep showing up. How much more can go wrong?
You can find out more about A THURSTON CHRISTMAS at the Thurston Hotel website.
And that’s a wrap, folks. I hope you enjoyed meeting all of the Thurston Hotel authors and their characters. May you have many hours of reading enjoyment!
Now please tell me in the comments…do you have some books on your Christmas wishlist? Please share. I’m always looking for more books to read!
Welcome to book eleven of the Thurston Hotel romance series.
About the book:
Chastity Howell has always loved Logan Wright. But at age seventeen, she made a mistake that almost destroyed both of their lives. Angry and disappointed, Logan ended their relationship. Unable to cope with the consequences, Chastity started drinking. Now, her heart won’t accept that their young love has perished in the aftermath of the disaster.
A man of convictions, Firefighter Logan Wright desires a good woman to start a family with. Once upon a time, a long time ago, he thought Chastity Howell was that woman. But with her troubled past, she doesn’t fit his image of the perfect wife.
Watching her interact with Harmony’s less fortunate, he wonders if maybe he’s mistaken. But with pain and hurt between them, can they forgive the past to build a new future together?
You can find out more about TO A TEA at the Thurston Hotel website.
Come back next Thursday to find out about book 12 in the series. Until then, happy reading!