As 2016 comes to a close, I’m looking back over the year at all I did (and even a few things I should have done, but didn’t). This year:
- I wrote and published book three in the Caught Between series: Caught Between a Rock and a Hunka Man.
- I wrote and published Love Under Construction, book 4 in the 12 book Thurston Hotel series. There were 11 authors involved in this project and I had so much fun.
- I completed the first draft of A Time to be Tender, book 3 in the Rocky Mountain series, and am currently in the revision stage (which for me is usually the longest stage in writing a book).
- I took several online courses, including Obsessed with the totally obsessive Melissa Cassera, and B-School with the heart-centered Marie Forleo.
- I sent out 12 monthly newsletters (a first ever for me!).
- I received my RITA scores and while I didn’t final, I was thrilled and encouraged by the 8.5 out of 10 score.
- I redesigned my website…sort of, or maybe that was last year. It’s always a work-in-progress, so it’s on my list of accomplishments every single year.
- I finally added a free offer to my newsletter. Have you signed up yet? If not, do so and you can download a free copy of The Valentine Grinch.
- I redesigned the Caught Between series covers and they’re perfect for these fun, sassy books.
- I redesigned the cover for book 2 of the Rocky Mountain series (I love the Terms of Surrender cover so much better!), then designed the cover for book 3 in the series and held a contest to give the book a name.
- I designed the website for smscreates.com.
- I read…of course. Lots of romance, women’s fiction, and even some thrillers. And then there were the self-improvement books, and all those books on writing, social media, and marketing.
- I journaled, gardened, decluttered, and even got down and dirty with some dust bunnies. I haven’t had to shovel yet (knock on wood).
And I had fun. Now I’m ready to tackle another year.
How about you? What were a few of your accomplishments? Did you have any hard earned lessons or great achievements that you want to share in the comments? Do you plan out your year in advance? Or do you wing it? You know I love to hear from you so please talk to me in the comments!
Before you head to the comments section, I want to wish you a wonderful new year. May 2017 bring you much love and happiness!