GRAND PRIZE: We’re giving away a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift card for the same. We’re also giving away a 2nd prize of a $25 gift card.
Enjoy and good luck!
This year, I decided to share a gardening tip that I found in one of my favorite gardening magazines, Garden Gate Magazine. Not only are their pictures stunningly beautiful, but they have great tips and tricks, too. You can even subscribe to their Free Tips email.
Their April 2014 edition gave me the perfect idea for using color in our new garden area:
1. Choose several plants with a similar hue that bloom at or around the same time, and scatter them throughout the garden.
2. Then choose several more plants in a second hue that again blooms at or around the same time, and scatter them throughout the garden.
3. Repeat until you’ve run out of gardening space!
The end result is that your flower bed will be a mass of pinks or purples or reds — whatever colors you’ve chosen — at different times of the growing season. And since winter in my part of the world gets very cold, I’m focusing on planting mostly perennials, starting with the Pinks as seen in the photo to the right.
And now for the prizes:
1. On my site, I’m drawing 4 names and giving away each person an e-copy of one of my books in mobi or epub format (winner’s choice). All you have to do is sign up for my newsletter (signup form is at the top of the righthand sidebar) and in the comments below, let me know that you’ve done so. Then tell me what your favorite flower is.
2. To be eligible for the Authors in Bloom blog hop grand prizes listed at the top of this post, make sure you LEAVE A COMMENT below (even if you don’t sign up for my newsletter). Only those visitors who visit EACH and EVERY stop are eligible for the grand prize ereader and gift card. Eligibility will be verified by hop’s end.
3. And finally, make sure to leave your contact email in the comment section, otherwise we’ll be unable to contact you if you win! Winners will be posted on both the first (Dianne Venetta) and last (A Cozy Reader’s Corner) websites of the list below.
And to make it super easy to visit all of the authors participating in the hop, here is a list of the participating authors:
NEW this year, Dianne Venetta will be hosting a Facebook Party for the entire 10 days, including more garden tips, recipes, fun facts, etc. on Facebook.
Enjoy yourself, and good luck!
April 17, 2014 Update: The Authors In Bloom grand prize winner is… …Savannah Miller! Mary Preston won the 2nd prize! Congratulations, ladies!!!
And the winners on my site are … well, like last year, I decided to giveaway an ebook to all of the new subscribers of my newsletter. 🙂 Yes, you read that correctly. I’m currently contacting everyone to find out which book they would like to receive.