One of the best things about the ROW80 writing challenge is that it forces me to constantly reevaluate where I’m spending my time. So welcome to week 7, where some important things are happening and others are not.
1) Write every morning:
- I placed second in an RWA contest and received an editor request, so this week I switched gears to revise the opening chapters of my story TERMS OF SURRENDER. Even though I was at my desk every morning by 7:00, I only revised the first chapter.
- An unexpected visit from our oldest son gave me an opportunity to
whine discuss why I’m not accomplishing more. Despite being at my desk from 7:00 till 4:00 every day, I’m allowing myself to be distracted by volunteer commitments. While important, they should not be my primary focus.
- He convinced me to let go of some of my responsibilities. Can you hear me scream? It’s far easier to disappoint myself than it is to disappoint others. While family will always come first, the writing must come second. Or as Susan Elizabeth Phillips says: Protect the writing.
2) Social Media:
- I visited 45 blogs this week. So many wonderful people, so many interesting posts. Which is how I
became obssessed discovered Pinterest.
3) Avoid chocolate:
- There were chocolate chip cookies calling my name. ‘Nuff said.
- On the treadmill four days this week and took my iPad with me so I could read.
- I started Roxy Boroughs Bandit Creek novella A STRANGER’S KISS and it’s making the time on the treadmill fly by.
Check out the A Round of Words in 80 Days blog and maybe you’ll want to join us next time.
Happy ROW80 everyone and thanks for stopping by!