Week 5 of the ROW80 writing challenge was a little bit different from the other weeks. Because I’d just finished writing a book the previous week, I’d decided to take this week off to catch up on some writing related tasks that I’d been putting off. Funny thing about time … when you think you have lots of it, you actually get less done. LOL!
Still, I accomplished a bunch of piddly little things that needed doing.
1) Write every morning:
– I was still at my desk every morning by 7:00. I worked on upcoming book blurbs, fine-tuned loglines, did a little editing, and made changes to my website. I also registered for two classes at Margie Lawson’s Writing Academy so here’s to learning something new.
– I received a couple more edits for my Bandit Creek short story BABY FEVER and made the changes. Part of the upcoming Fool’s Gold anthology, the cover for this book is awesome. Our cover designer has already sent us the first draft and I’ll post it the minute it’s finalized. So as of this week, BABY FEVER is D-O-N-E. No more changes, tweaking or anything else. 🙂
– And I think I came up with a logline for my blog: Tripping my way through life. I’ll mull over it some more but it certainly describes me to a tee. If I’m not tripping and falling over something physically, then my curious and over-eager personality traits are tripping me up and making me feel like a fool. LOL! Good hands on experience for my quirky characters.
– For the upcoming week, it’s back to writing my women’s fiction novel titled STUCK WITH YOU.
2) Somehow, considering I spent less time writing this week, I also managed to spend less time on social media. Go figure that one out. Sheesh.
– I still made 45 blog visits this week, but didn’t sufficiently support my fellow WANA1011 classmates, who I love. Have I mentioned them yet?
– And I even blogged twice at my own site this week. Wow, I think that’s a new record for me. 🙂
3) Avoid chocolate.
– No chocolate, but on Friday night, SOMEBODY brought home chips and cheezies.
– My ankle loved the new runners and the treadmill. No problems at all. I only managed to get in three days on the treadmill though. I did, however, get a really good workout on the day I lifted my desk so I could straighten out the runner beneath my chair, headed down to the local office supply store to buy a new chair, then put it together all by myself. And surprise, not a single bolt has fallen out yet.
Check out the A Round of Words in 80 Days blog and maybe you’ll want to join us next time.
Happy ROW80 everyone and thanks for stopping by! 🙂