such a slacker so busy, I’ve been extremely slow in passing on the wonderful Versatile Blogger award I received last month.
I want to thank Florence Fois from the fois In The City blog for giving me the award, and listening to me ramble on about family and books, both at my blog here and my group blog Women Unplugged. I met Florence about a year ago and I drop in to her blog every time she posts. I’m addicted to her sense of humour and her wisdom and the lovely pictures she shares. Favourite picture ever … this post led me to google Tulip Trees and I’ve been in love with them ever since.
So in the tradition of the Versatile Blogger award, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Share seven random things about you
3. Share the love with your favorite bloggers
4. Put up the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your blog
Seven random things about me:
1. In high school, I bought the sheet music for House Of The Rising Sun and repeatedly pounded out the song on the piano, forcing my mother to close the kitchen door to drown out the music. Or at least, that’s what I always thought. Now she claims she closed the door so I could practice undisturbed. Ha ha. Don’t you just love my mom for being so kind?!
2. I always believed I was 5’6”, like my aunt Frances. But one day my kids measured me and it turned out I was only 5’4”. The discovery totally destroyed all my dreams to be a famous NY model like Christie Brinkley.
3. I’m quite possibly the least organized Virgo in the world. Every few months, I have to take a rake to my desk and clear out the mess.
4. I’m a klutz and once during a basketball game, in a moment of athletic glory, scored in the other team’s net.
5. I have to steal recipe ideas from my kids because while I can bake anything, I can’t cook worth a darn.
6. When it comes to washing the winter road’s sand and salt off my truck, I can outlast my husband.
7. I took French classes in junior high and high school, so when my boys were in French Immersion, I used to read French storybooks to them. Afterwards, I’d have to ask them to tell me what the story was about. I could pronounce the French words but didn’t know what they meant.
Whew, it’s no wonder I
procrastinated didn’t have time to do this till now.
And now to share the love with my favourite bloggers:
1. Stina Lindenblatt – Seeing Creative – Stina writes awesome posts on the mechanics of writing.
3. Patricia Yager Delagrange – Grab A Ticket, Life’s A Trip – Patricia loves animals and her posts are informative and heartwarming.
4. The Writer’s Guide To E-Publishing – WG2E – Because I’m a writer and I love all the information on Indie publishing this site has to offer.
5. Louise Behiel – Journey of a Thousand Miles – Right now, Louise is blogging about one of life’s serious issues. Abuse.
6. Suzanne Stengl – Tuesday Cafe – Suzanne is one of my regular weekly stops because I love the variety of topics she discusses.
7. Marcia Richards – Sexy. Smart. From the Heart – Marcia has the Health Challenge, The Life List Club, and more.
If you haven’t already checked out these bloggers, I know they’d love to have you visit their sites.
Thank you for joining me today. 🙂