We’ve reached week four of the ROW80 writing challenge. For more about my goals, go here.
I’m really pleased with the results of this week. In fact, the entire ROW80 challenge has upped my commitment to my goals. And here’s what I accomplished:
1) Write every morning:
– After a quick browse through my email, I once again turned off my internet and focused on the WIP.
– I finished rewrites on my Bandit Creek novella, even cried through the last two chapters, then sent it off to a couple of beta readers.
– In the plans for the upcoming week are final-final edits on my Bandit Creek short story. And then, it’s back to work on my women’s fiction. Three women stranded on a deserted island with the men who drive them crazy. Can’t wait. 🙂
2) More time writing meant less time on social media, or at least, that’s how it felt. Perhaps I’m just getting more efficient at blog hopping. Family commitments — and the need to do some housework — made me feel as though I wasn’t supporting my fellow authors as much as I’d hoped.
– And yet, I visited 51 blogs this week. I was surprised at this number and had to do a recount, but there it is.
– I blogged at the Women Unplugged group blog on my scheduled day, but again didn’t post anything on my own site.
– No chocolate. No problem and feeling great.
– Finally bought some new runners for the treadmill. No, they aren’t as pretty as the picture I’ve posted. 🙂
– My ankle is almost healed, thanks to some great care from my chiropractor, so this week there are no more excuses. I’ll start out slow and steady, even if all the ankle can take is five minutes at a time.
– I read a cute romantic comedy titled MY BOYFRIEND’S BACK by Chrissy Olinger. I enjoyed it so much, I’m going to read more books by this author. Next up … there’s a new Bandit Creek book out on Wednesday which I’m dying to get my hands on. SHAFTED by Kymber Morgan. If you’re interested in checking it out, watch for a post on Wednesday.
Check out the A Round of Words in 80 Days blog and maybe you’ll want to join us next time.
Happy ROW80 everyone and thanks for stopping by! 🙂