It’s the end of the second week of the ROW80 writing challenge. To find out more about this challenge, check out the A Round of Words in 80 Days blog. Or if you’re interested in discovering more about the writer who started the challenge, check out Kait Nolan’s website.
During the last check in, I tweaked my goals:
1) Write every morning, targeting Jan 14th to complete rewrites on my Bandit Creek novella.
- not quite complete, so I’m revising this deadline to Jan 21st.
- however, I finished rewrites on a Bandit Creek short story which will be included in an April 1 anthology.
2) Manage social media, which includes email, blogging, support of my fellow bloggers, and support my fellow authors.
- big fail this week because I actually spent more time on blogs than I ever have.
- however, I also blogged about Author Linda Style and the Wounded Warrior Project.
3) Avoid chocolate.
- big BIG success! And I feel terrific.
- dismal failure and the reason for this is also the primary reason why I didn’t meet my other goals.
- while reading email and walking down the stairs, I missed the last step. Don’t do this or you’ll end up on your butt in agonizing pain. Fortunately, I’m not on crutches and the injury to my ankle and foot are healing quickly. The incident was enough to throw me off my game for the better part of the week.
- lesson learned: don’t read on the iPad while you’re on the stairs or you risk breaking more than your iPad.
- see items 1, 2, and 4 above, then tell me which is right:
- I read one book.
- I read three books.
- I read zero books.
All in all, I’m glad we’re starting a new week tomorrow. Happy ROW80 everyone and thanks for stopping by!