I’m joining ROW80. Feeling kind of crazy and breathless, but it’s all about goal setting, which is admittedly not one of my strong points. The first round started yesterday, January 2, and runs till March 22.
This is perfect, since it takes approximately 21 days to form a habit, online reporting for the next 80 days should be good to strengthen the areas where i tend to procrastinate. Plus, it’ll be over before spring arrives in my part of Canada. Which means I can slide back into my old bad habits or join Round 2 of ROW80. 🙂
So, without further delay, I’m taking the plunge.
Here are my goals:
1) Write every morning. Yeah, I’m one of those people who basically doesn’t take a day off from the computer, so I know I’ll be at the keyboard every day. However, I spend far more time online than I should. So my goal will be to make the hours between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon productive, which basically means I need to stay offline.Staying offline will be my biggest challenge so that brings me to my next goal.
2) Break the social butterfly habit. I love to be friends with everybody and be involved with everything and boy, can that ever cut into my writing time. So I’m limiting my morning online time to pre-eight o’clock, plus another half hour break around 10:00 a.m. Maybe I’ll even cut out the half hour but for now, I’ll wean myself off gently.
3) I have two projects I want to work on: Complete rewrites on my Bandit Creek novella by January 14th, so I’m aiming to complete a chapter a day. Finish the first draft of my humorous women’s fiction novel STUCK WITH YOU. My target will be 2000 words a day, which for me, works out to a chapter a day.
4) Support of my fellow bloggers by visiting 5 blogs a day, reading, commenting, and tweeting. My target is to support 3 of my WANA1011 blog mates, plus 2 of my ROW80 goal mates.
5) Support the authors in the Bandit Creek Books series and the WG2E All-For-Indies Anthologies. As I have three stories being indie published with these groups this year, this is vital to the success of all the authors in the group. I commit to tweeting in a daily basis and on release days, doing additional promotional work.
6) Exercise so I can maintain my physical strength, what with all the time I’ll be sitting on my butt. I’ve been bugging my husband to build me a stand for my treadmill so I can use my Kindle or iPad to read while I walk, which will make the whole process of walking much more enjoyable.
And that’s enough to get me going. I’m looking forward to joining the ROW80 challenge.